Sunday, October 28, 2012

A Hat Tip and Welcome to the Non-Facebook Non-Twitter World

Hello world, for the nth time. This blog will be pretty simple. It will contain what I post to Facebook and Twitter already, and DON'T WORRY! It's not those silly pictures (but if I see an especially good one, yeah, it will trickle down here).

I post mostly news of interest and some with info that can clue you into as to WHY things are going the way they are. Not the basics like CNN or NBC, but stuff you'd have to know where to look. Mostly aggregated through Google Reader. I should have a list of sites I get sent to Reader somewhere here on the blog page. If not, bug me, and I'll get it up.

I'm careful about strong (i.e. fact based, not feeling based) opinions, liberal or conservative, these days. I have a pretty deep understanding that the freedom of speech comes with great responsibility. This does not mean we suppress it, because as good programming requires good output in case something goes wrong, good governing requires a robust platform to express feelings, reactions, observations, and opinions, to gauge what consequences result from some action and to form good policy in response. At the same time, however, we can, in a non-bullying way, convey the necessity to opine wisely.

That should do for a first post. See you around!

1 comment: